In a nutshell
Within racing the GWA runs 2 types of events:
1. Surf-Slalom World Cups
All World Cups are part of the GWA Wingfoil World Tour and count towards the overall GWA Wingfoil Race World Champion of the given year. In general about 5-7 World Cups take place in various countries all over the world, looking for the best allround “racer” in all kinds of weather conditions.
2. Race Class Continental- and World Championships
“GWA Wingfoil Race Class” events are one-off events taking place according to World Sailing standards and regulations. Continental Championhips crown the best “racer” at a chosen location in the given continent, which then holds the title of “GWA Wingfoil Race <continent> Champion”. World Championships will only take place for Youth and Masters categories, as the Pro (Senior) World Champion is crowned as described in point 1 (Wingfoil World Tour).
Athletes from countries outside of a given continent can compete in a continental championship and also win the event, but the Continental Champion title will be given only to the best ranked athlete with a passport from that continent.
Race Class Rulebook
Click here to download the GWA Wingfoil World Tour Rulebook.
Compete in a Race Class event?
Would you like to compete in one of our events? Please follow below steps:
- Go to events, choose your event and click the “Register” button on the bottom of the page. You’ll be sent to our registration platform where you can fill out the registration form.
- Check whether you need a membership (read more)
- Check the rules for your discipline (see Rulebook)
- Check the approved registered equipment list (read more)