The Surf-Freestyle discipline includes the expression format where competitors surf waves or swells and perform air tricks using the given water conditions.
In the FreeFly-Slalom discipline, multiple competitors ride around a course with a start and finish line that combines jibes, tacks and parts of pumping or surfing without wing assistance.
Competitors in the Wave discipline purely surf waves in any surfing conditions from cross offshore point breaks, to onshore beach breaks. No jumps on the way out are counted for the competitor’s score.
The Big Air discipline is all about amplitude and air time. The biggest and most spectacular jumps will score the highest.
In the Surf-Freestyle discipline events are organized in 3 different levels;
For more information about the different types of events please click here.
Notice of Race (NOR)
The Notice of Race (NOR) is always published 4 weeks prior to an event. In the NOR you can find all practical information for an event;
- Entry procedure & registration
- Competition formats
Compete in an event?
Would you like to compete in one of our events? Please follow below steps:
- Choose your event & discipline(s) from the events calendar
- Register for the event, by clicking the “Register” button on the bottom of the event page. Fill out the the form as complete as possible.
- After the pre-registration date has passed and registration is closed, the Tour Manager will send out an e-mail with the allocated wildcards.
- Prepare for the event;
- Read the Notice of Race (Published 4 weeks prior to the event on the event page)
- Read the Rulebook
- Organize health insurance with international coverage
- Book flights, accommodation etc.
- Get mentally & physically ready!
For more information regarding age divisions, equipment, competition format, scoring etc. please read the Notice of Race of the event you’d like to compete in!
Click here to download the Wingfoil Rulebook!